About Liposuction in Fort Myers FL
Considering liposuction in Ft Myers? Contact Audrey Farahmand, female board certified plastic surgeon.
Liposuction is a surgical technique which can sculpt the body by removing unwanted fat from areas that are resistant to traditional weight loss regimens such as saddlebags, love handles, under the chin, under the arm, lower abdomen and inner thighs. It is performed through tiny incisions and a long, thin, tube-like instrument is inserted and moved in long strokes multiple times and in multiple directions as the fat is being suctioned. The benefits of liposuction include the sculpting effect and skin tightening which occurs following liposuction. A compression garment will need to be worn for three weeks. Most patients are back to work after a few days. For liposuction in Fort Myers Florida contact us here.
About Male Breast Reduction
This is performed for a medical condition called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia refers to enlarged male breast tissue. It affects 40 to 60 percent of men. It can be caused by certain drugs or medical conditions. However, the majority of cases occur without a known cause. The surgery involves liposuctioning the breasts through tiny incisions and removing the glandular tissue either through a direct U-shaped incision around the areola and a scalpel, or using a special shaving device which can fit through the tiny liposuction incisions. Patients are back to work after a few days.
About the Tummy Tuck in Fort Myers FL
Considering a tummy tuck in Ft Myers? Contact Audrey Farahmand, female board certified plastic surgeon. This is also known as abdominoplasty. Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure which removes excess skin and fat from the lower and middle abdomen. Also, during a tummy tuck the abdominal muscles are tightened with permanent sutures and the belly button is repositioned. The procedure can dramatically improve the contour of the abdomen. The scar is positioned just above the pubic hair and depending on the extent of excess skin may extend from hip to hip. This scar can be positioned so that it will be covered with a bathing suit. Recovery from a tummy tuck can take up to three weeks depending on the patient’s pre-operative condition. For more information on tummy tuck procedures in the Fort Myers, Florida area, please contact us at (239) 332-2388.
Abdominoplasty Home Care Instructions
- Rest in bed with your knees bent and supported by pillows (semi-flexed position). Walk around the house four times a day with assistance for first 48 hours and as tolerated afterwards.
- Avoid standing up straight, lifting anything over 10 pounds, and stretching or reaching for distant objects for 1 week.
- You will be wearing an abdominal binder for 3 weeks. The amount of time the binder must be worn will be discussed by dr. Farahmand.
- If the dressing becomes wet or soiled, change it immediately, otherwise do not change it for 2 days.
- Continue taking sponge baths until drains are removed.
- Continue taking antibiotics until drains are removed
- If drains are in place, empty as necessary when full, record time and volume.
- Massage calf muscles and exercise ankles four times daily until normal activity resumes.
- No strenuous activities such as jogging, swimming, skiing, or tennis will be permitted for 2-4 weeks.
- Some degree of swelling and redness is normal after surgery
Notify Dr. Farahmand’s office if any of the following happens:
- Wound becomes very swollen or severely painful.
- Drainage from the wound (pus).
- Red streaks extending from the wound.
- Chills or fever.
Report any adverse reactions to medications or unusual symptoms immediately to Dr. Farahmand. If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to call our office: 332-2388.
Do not take any aspirin products, ibuprofen or vitamin E until Approved by dr. Farahmand. Medications for pain relief and antibiotics With directions will be given to you. Take all medications as prescribed, Pain medications should be taken with food.
Liposuction – Home Care Instructions
Leave the support garments on even when using the bathroom.
You can expect:
- Moderate discomfort-which should be helped by the pain medications
- There may be some bloody drainage on the dressings
- The greatest discomfort is usually the first 24 hours. Thereafter, you will find that you require less pain medication
Call the office if:
- Severe pain not responding to pain medication
- Swelling that is greater on one side than the other
- Bandages seem too tight
- Incisions that are red or feverish
- You have a fever
- Any other questions or problems arise
Once cleared to shower you may do so every day. Please do not use the bathtub for 2 weeks. You will remove the garment prior to showering, take a quick shower and replace the garments. No smoking for the first 7 postoperative days. The garment can be washed and dried. While this is being done please be off your feet and quiet. You may drive once off the pain pills and when you experience no pain with this activity. No aspirin, ibuprofen for 2 weeks.
Post Op Recovery:
- Do not use a hot tub for 4 weeks.
- Limit lifting, pulling or pushing for 10 days.
- Avoid sports or strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks.
- The garments are worn until the bruising is gone.
- You must wear the garment to obtain a good cosmetic result.
Liposuction – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of results can I expect with liposuction?
Liposuction is used to improve contours or “sculpt” areas like the chin, neck, hips, and abdomen, and the inner and outer thighs. It will diminish bulges. Liposuction is not a treatment for cellulite or obesity. Following liposuction, patients feel that they look better in clothes and in a bathing suit. Also, what some people do not know is that the fat that is removed can be injected into other places like lips, cheeks, nasolabial folds and buttocks to augment those areas.
2. What is the recovery like after liposuction?
Dr. Farahmand has her patients wear a compression garment for 3 weeks following liposuction. They often return to work after a few days. Exercise is allowed after 3 weeks.
3. What is tumescent liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction is a technique which involves first injecting a mixture of saline, epinephrine, and a local anesthetic agent into the area to be liposuctioned. After 10 minutes, the fat will be liposuctioned much easier and with less blood loss and bruising. The local anesthetic greatly decreases post-operative pain.
Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if I need an abdominoplasty or just liposuction?
Liposuction typically works best for patients who do not have loose skin, stretch marks, or loose muscles. Patients who have loose skin, stretch marks, or loose muscles show more improvement with an abdominoplasty.
2. What is an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)?
An abdominoplasty is a procedure which surgically removes the skin and fat of the lower abdomen and tightens the abdominal wall muscles.
3. Where is the scar for an abdominoplasty?
The scar for an abdominoplasty is placed just above the pubic region and extends horizontally from hip to hip. The scar appears pink for the first year but then lightens in color after 1 year.
4. What is the recovery like after an abdominoplasty?
Dr. Farahmand instructs her patients to walk bent at the hips for the first week. For this reason, most patients need to stay at home for that first week. At week two, patients are allowed to stand up straight and are encouraged to walk and resume household activities, some patients return to work during the second week. By the third week, most patients have returned to work. Vigorous exercise is allowed after 6 weeks.
Hip Liposuction with Abdominoplasty
This 59 year old woman was desiring a flatter appearance to her stomach and hips. Dr. Farahmand performed an abdominoplasty and liposuction of the hips. Her post-operative photos were taken three months after surgery.
Liposuction on Neck
This 37 year old desired a more contoured neckline. Dr. Farahmand performed liposuction on her neck.
Abdominoplasty with Liposuction and Breast Augmentation
This patient is a 40 year old who desired an improved appearance of her abdomen and breasts. Dr. Farahmand performed an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and liposuction of her hip rolls and breast augmentation. Her post-operative photos were taken three months after her surgery.
This 40 year old underwent an abdominoplasty, bilateral breast augmentation using silicone implants with cresent lifts, and liposuctioning of the hip rolls.
This patient is a 51 year old male wanting an improved abdominal contour. Dr. Farahmand performed an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and liposuction of the hip rolls.
This is a 38 year old mother of three who desired to have a tummy tuck to improve the appearance of her abdomen. Dr. Farahmand performed an abdominoplasty procedure on her. Her post-operative photos were taken 4 months after surgery.
Tummy Tuck with Breast Augmentation
This 49-year-old female had excessive skin, stretch marks, and sagging breasts after diet and exercise led to dramatic weight loss. Abdominoplasty and a breast augmentation were performed.
This 51-year-old mother of two wanted to remove the excess skin and stretch marks around her abdomen. Abdominoplasty was performed. The post-operative pictures were taken one year after her surgery.
Abdominoplasty with Breast Augmentation
This 49-year-old female with no children was dissatisfied with the excess skin about her abdomen and desired a more muscular appearance. Abdominoplasty was performed in conjunction with a breast augmentation.